It-essentials v7 Chapter 14 Exam Answers
1. What is a common responsibility of a level one call center technician?
entering a concise description of a customer problem into a ticketing system *
remotely connecting to customer devices and implementing driver and software updates
calling back customers and asking additional questions to solve the problem
receiving escalated work orders from a lower level technician
2. Which two programming languages require the program to be converted into executable code using a compiler? (Choose two.)
3. A programmer used an operator to compare values within a program and the resulting logical data type was “false”. Which test condition would have provided the result of “false”?
8 != 8*
4 >= 1
3 == 3
4. What is the definition of a script file?
A simple file with a single statement that loops repeatedly.
A file that is compiled and translated into machine language before executing.
A simple text file used to automate processes and tasks. *
A file that is the output of a conditional statement.
5. A system administrator needs to perform manual updates on a remote Linux workstation using a Windows 10 PC. Which remote access tool should the administrator use to securely access and configure the Linux device across the network?
Windows Remote Desktop client
Windows Remote Assistance client
SSH client *
6. A technician is attempting to securely configure a Linux web server on the public-facing side of the firewall. What port type and number are most likely required to be open on the firewall to allow this traffic through?
UDP port 23
TCP port 23
TCP port 22 *
UDP port 22
TCP port 3389
UDP port 3389
7. A worker in the records department of a hospital in the United States accidentally sends a patient’s medical record to a printer in another department. When the worker arrives at the printer, the patient record printout is missing. Which two types of compliance standards best match the breach of confidentiality? (Choose two.)
8. What are two examples of personally identifiable information (PII)? (Choose two.)
credit card number *
street address *
9. What is the definition of cyber law?
a single law defining criminal acts that are committed online
the collection of international, country, and local laws that affect computer security professionals *
a contract that defines expectations between an organization and IT service vendors for an agreed upon level of support
the process of collecting and analyzing data from computer systems, networks, wireless communications, and storage devices
10. What is a characteristic of the open source license of an application software?
It requires registration instead of purchasing.
It cannot be used for campus-wide deployment.
It allows users to modify and share the source code. *
It does not require purchase in order to use the software.
It requires acknowledged completion of a professional training course prior to use.
11. Which statement is characteristic of most personal software licenses?
Developers are allowed to modify and share the source code that runs the software.
A company is allowed to use the software campus wide.
A user is allowed to share the software with friends.
A user is allowed to install the software on only one computer. *
12. What two actions should a call center technician avoid when dealing with an angry customer? (Choose two.)
spending time explaining what caused the problem *
putting the customer on hold or transferring the call *
apologizing for any inconvenience caused to the customer
sympathizing with the customer
letting the customer explain the problem without interruption
13. A technician is troubleshooting a PC in a workplace environment and finds many pirated movies on the hard drive. What should the technician do?
Make a copy of all the pirated content and send it to the law enforcement authorities.
Advise the user that downloading pirated content is illegal and that the user should refrain from doing so.
Remove the pirated content and document all work done.
Report the findings through the proper channels. *
14. A support desk trainer is teaching a new support desk technician some basic rules about starting a conversation with a customer. Which statement describes the rules the trainer should be teaching?
Ask the customer what the problem is and then introduce yourself.
Learn the name of the customer and create a connection with the customer. Next ask questions that assess the knowledge level of the customer. *
Start by asking close-ended questions about what the customer understands of the problem and then direct the customer through the correction process.
Assess what the customer knows of the support desk process and then use close-ended questions to guide the customer through the correction process.
15. A customer is angry and calls to complain that the service scheduled on the computer took longer than expected. The technician reviews the work order and notices that the service was performed by a new employee. How should the technician respond?
Verify that the computer is working properly now.
Listen to the complaint and then apologize for any inconvenience caused by the lengthy service on the computer. *
Explain that the repair technician sent to perform the service is inexperienced.
Put the customer on hold until a supervisor is available.
16. Which task would require that a problem be escalated to a level two technician?
changing CMOS settings *
cleaning a mouse
changing toner cartridges
checking loose external cables
17. A technician receives a call from a customer who is too talkative. How should the technician handle the call?
Talk over the customer and quickly gather the necessary information to be of help.
Allow the customer to speak without interruption and then try to use closed-ended questions to gather data. *
Use open-ended questions and repeat all the information back to the customer to politely show that unnecessary information is being given.
Politely step in and gain control of the call by asking the customer social questions.
18. What should a level two technician do immediately after receiving an escalated work order from a level one technician?
Call the level one technician and ask questions about the problem.
Call the customer back to ask any additional questions and resolve the problem. *
Document suggestions to solve the problem in the work order and return it to the level one technician.
Send the work order to a level three technician and ask for support.
19. Which two rules pertain to the general daily activities of employees in a call center environment? (Choose two.)
If a technician takes a call from a customer the technician does not like, the technician should pass the call to another technician.
The technician should be sure to treat all customers equally. *
If a customer complains about another technician, the technician who is taking the call should agree with opinion of the customer.
The technician should adjust the work chair to a height that is high enough so that wrists angle downwards toward the keyboard.
The technician should contact the customer if the technician is going to be late for a follow-up appointment. *
20. What does a technician need in order to make changes to software installed on the computer of a customer?
the authorization of a more senior technician
customer authorization *
verification that the software is legal
21. Which is true regarding the treatment of customer property?
A technician does not have to care about copies of customer files because it is not the original.
A customer’s phone list is customer property and must be kept private. *
Customer property is limited to hardware.
Data left on a customer’s PC is not property because it is visible to others.
22. During computer forensics investigations, which type of data is lost when power is removed from the computer?
data that is stored on solid state drives
data that is stored in RAM *
data that is stored on magnetic disk
data that is stored to an external drive
23. Why is a chain of custody important in a cyber crime case?
It authenticates evidence. *
It ensures conviction
It proves guilt.
It protects copyrighted materials.
24. When performing computer forensics, what can be prevented with a properly and carefully documented chain of custody?
evidence tampering *
copying of copyrighted materials
25. Which statement best describes a call center?
It is a busy, fast-paced work environment where agents contact customers to arrange preventive maintenance appointments.
It is a help desk used by customers to make an appointment to report their computer problems.
It is a place that exists within a company and provides computer support to both employees and customers of the company. *
It is a store-front environment where the customers go with their computers to have them fixed.
26. What is a typical task performed by a level one technician in a call center?
gathering information when a customer calls for help *
solving the problem that might require opening up the computer case
using remote access software to troubleshoot the customer computer
picking up an escalated work order and calling the customer for further information
27. What is a reason to escalate a problem from a level one technician to a level two technician?
when the equipment needs to be rebooted
when drivers, applications, or operating systems need to be installed *
when the screen resolution of a customer PC needs to be adjusted
when a peripheral device needs to be replaced
28. Which change management process component is concerned with the cost and resources necessary for implementation?
29. Which type of documentation is concerned with specifying what data must be collected and how long it must be retained in regards to an organization?
30. Which are two examples of good customer service? (Choose two.)
A technician follows up with a customer after services are completed. *
A technician notifies a customer as soon as possible that there may be a delay. *
A technician repeatedly encourages a customer to agree to a product warranty.
A technician continually reminds the customer that an issue was due to customer neglect.
A technician speaks slowly and uses common industry jargon and terms with the customer.