1. What is the correct way to conduct a telephone call to troubleshoot a computer problem?
Always gather information from the customer and escalate the problem.
Maintain professional behavior at all times.*
Ask personal questions to get better acquainted with the customer.
Explain each step to help the customer understand the troubleshooting process.
2. What is a recommended technique for a technician who is both troubleshooting a problem and also trying to help a customer relax?
Establish a good rapport with the customer.*
Give the customer one minute to speak before taking over the conversation.
Put the customer on hold.
Spend time explaining the cause of the problem to the customer.
3. A customer is upset and wants to speak to a specific technician to resolve a problem immediately. The requested technician is away from the office for the next hour. What is the best way to handle this call?
Refer the angry customer to a supervisor.
Advise the customer that the requested technician is out of the office and insist on trying to resolve the problem.
Make an offer to help the customer immediately, and advise the customer that otherwise the requested technician will call the customer back within two hours.*
Ignore the request for the specific technician by walking through a step-by-step process with the customer in an attempt to refocus the customer and solve the problem.
4. What two actions should a call center technician avoid when dealing with an angry customer? (Choose two.)
spending time explaining what caused the problem*
putting the customer on hold or transferring the call*
apologizing for any inconvenience caused to the customer
sympathizing with the customer
letting the customer explain the problem without interruption
5. A call center technician is on a call with a customer when a colleague indicates that there is something to discuss. What should the technician do?
Interrupt the customer and ask whether the customer would mind going on hold for a few minutes.
Tell the customer that the call will be put on hold for a few minutes.
Signal to the colleague to wait.*
Mute the line to the customer while discussing the issue with the colleague.
6. A technician receives a call from a customer who is too talkative. How should the technician handle the call?
Talk over the customer and quickly gather the necessary information to be of help.
Allow the customer to speak for one minute and then try to refocus the conversation.*
Use open-ended questions and repeat all the information back to the customer to politely show that unnecessary information is being given.
Politely step in and gain control of the call by asking the customer social questions.
7. What are two examples of displaying professional communication skills while talking to a customer? (Choose two.)
the use of active listening, with occasional interjections such as “I see” or “I understand”*
clarifying what customers say after they have finished their explanations*
interrupting customers with a question to gather more information
asking customers to paraphrase their explanations
focusing on what you cannot do to give customers an idea of the magnitude of the problem
8. Which statement describes a best practice related to time management?
The technician should take the easier calls first, regardless of the urgency.
The technician should give better service to a customer for whom the technician feels more sympathy.
The technician can take the call of another technician, even without permission to do so.
The technician should make sure to call the customer back as close to the callback time as possible.*
9. Which two rules should be followed by call center employees to ensure customer satisfaction? (Choose two.)
Show favoritism to returning customers.
Sympathize with customers regarding their negative views of a previous technician.
Offer different repair or replacement options if possible.*
Communicate the repair status with explanations of any delays.*
Take a call assigned to another technician on the call board if the call is from a known customer.
10. Fill in the blank.
The “SLA” is a contract defining the agreed-on level of support between a customer and a service vendor.
11. During the process of troubleshooting, a technician gains access to customer private information. What is expected that the technician do with this information?
Document all information in a log file.
Keep it confidential.*
Send this information to the manager of the customer.
Send this information to the technician manager.
Back up the information just in case the customer needs it some day.
12. Which statement is characteristic of most personal software licenses?
Developers are allowed to modify and share the source code that runs the software.
A company is allowed to use the software campus wide.
A user is allowed to share the software with friends.
A user is allowed to install the software on only one computer.*
13. What is the definition of cyber law?
a single law defining criminal acts that are committed online
the collection of international, country, and local laws that affect computer security professionals*
a contract that defines expectations between an organization and IT service vendors for an agreed upon level of support
the process of collecting and analyzing data from computer systems, networks, wireless communications, and storage devices
14. Which two actions should a technician take if illegal content, such as child pornography, is discovered on the hard drive of a customer computer? (Choose two.)
Confront the customer immediately.
Remove and destroy the hard drive.
Contact a first responder.*
Shut down the computer until authorities arrive.
Document as much information as possible.*
15. When performing computer forensics, what can be prevented with a properly and carefully documented chain of custody?
copying of copyrighted materials
16. When performing computer forensics what is required to prove a chain of custody?
proper documentation procedures*
an admission of guilt
17. A technician has found possible illegal content on the hard drive of a customer computer. When should a computer forensics expert be brought in?
immediately after the IT technician found the content
after a system administrator has viewed the content
after routine administrative tasks have been completed on the customer PC
after the content is classified as illegal*
18. A technician is analyzing a computer that may have been used for illegal activity. What are two examples of volatile data? (Choose two.)
network connections that are open*
data that is located on an optical drive
files available on an internal drive
users who are logged in to the computer*
a USB drive that is connected to the computer
19. What should a level two technician do immediately after receiving an escalated work order from a level one technician?
Call the level one technician and ask questions about the problem.
Call the customer back to ask any additional questions and resolve the problem.*
Document suggestions to solve the problem in the work order and return it to the level one technician.
Send the work order to a level three technician and ask for support.
20. What is a reason to escalate a problem from a level one technician to a level two technician?
when the equipment needs to be rebooted
when drivers, applications, or operating systems need to be installed*
when the screen resolution of a customer PC needs to be adjusted
when a peripheral device needs to be replaced
21. What are three pieces of information a level one technician should gather from a customer? (Choose three.)
description of the problem*
details of any recent changes to the computer*
output from diagnostic software
output from a remote connection to the customer computer
current CMOS settings
22. Which situation would require that a support desk call be given the highest priority?
The company cannot operate because of a system failure.*
A couple of computers have operating system errors.
Some computers cannot log in to the network.
Two users are requesting an application enhancement.
A user is requesting a RAM memory upgrade.
23. When does a level one technician prepare an escalated work order?
when a problem requires that the technician ask questions and document responses
when a technician is able to answer the questions of the customer and solve the problem
when a problem cannot be resolved within a predetermined amount of time*
when a technician must enter information using support software
24. Which statement best describes a call center?
It is a busy, fast-paced work environment where agents contact customers to arrange preventive maintenance appointments.
It is a help desk used by customers to make an appointment to report their computer problems.
It is a place that exists within a company and provides computer support to both employees and customers of the company.*
It is a store-front environment where the customers go with their computers to have them fixed.